My Relationship with God
For me, God is everywhere, in everything. When I look at the rain falling on my back porch, I see God. I see God in every man, woman and child, in every animal and plant, I see God everywhere, especially myself. I was taught very simple things, I was taught to take some very simple steps. I had to admit that by myself, I am nothing. I had to believe that there WAS something bigger than me even if I didn't know what or who it was. I had to make a decision that living for me was not working and that I would take a chance that living for something else might work. I had to take a look at my actions and determine what was driving me to do the things that I do. I had to share it with someone else so that I could see the truth about myself. I had to make a list of the character traits that drive me and be willing to let this being that is bigger than me decide if they were keeping me from doing HIS/HER will for me, which is that which is GOOD for me. I had to be willing to do anything to live my life for something or someone else. I had to acknowledge the harms that I had done and be willing to do whatever it takes to right those wrongs. I had to meet with those that I had caused pain in their lives and be willing to do whatever they say to right those wrongs and fix that pain. Even if they say I can never right the wrongs, I have to be willing to live with that knowledge and remember it so that I don't do it to others. I have to continue to take a look at my actions EVERY day and make sure that I am living the life that God would have me to live and not the live that I think I should live. I spend time with this Creator of mine, I spend quiet time talking to this God and listening through any means they might choose to speak to me. I share this experience with others who are in pain and I do service work where I can. I try to practice these things every day, in ALL areas of my life. Simple things that I do to stay close to this light in my life whom I choose to call GOD. My life is not about me anymore, it's about being of service to others and in that I become the person that I was always supposed to be. I am happy, joyous and free from the chains that always bound me, fear and self-centeredness. I do the next right thing. I seek advice and wisdom from others when I don't know what to do. I trust that God will provide the things that I need. I don't spend time in morbid reflection. I LOVE this life! I LOVE this God! I am so full of LOVE, it MUST be pouring out of me! Why would I EVER do ANYTHING different?
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment